This Prime Rib recipe is the one that started it all. Our founder has made this for Christmas every year for over 20 years! One year she decided to share the seasoning and recipe with her friends as a heartfelt Christmas gift and soon her friends and even strangers were asking for more of the seasoning. This recipe makes cooking a delicious Prime Rib so easy that anyone can do it.
- An 11 – 12 pound Prime Rib Roast
- 10 oz Gresham and Myers Prime Rib Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Liberally rub the roast on all sides with Prime Rib Rub.
- Place roast on a rack in a large roasting pan and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 250° and cook to the following temperatures:
- Rare - 120° to 130° (12-13 minutes per pound)
- Medium - 135° to 145° (14-16 minutes per pound)
- Well - 150° (17-20 minutes per pound)
- Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast and remove from oven when desired temperature is reached. (Remember that the ends will be cooked more than the center.)
- Allow Roast to rest 25 to 30 minutes for the juices to redistribute.
- While roast is resting, pour roasting liquid into serving container for au jus.
- Slice the roast and serve with horseradish.